Nouvelles des Navigateurs

Ce blogue a été conçu par Nycole - VE2KOU et se veut un point de rencontre
entre les navigateurs, familles et amis du Réseau du Capitaine et de la CONAM.

mercredi 18 juillet 2012

VESPER - Pierre en Malaysie

Message daté du 14 juillet :

I am sorry to not have written before, you could say it was laziness. I am now at the Island of Tioman (little paradise) in Malaysia where I am preparing for a big crazy crossing to South Africa this week. Once on the S.A side, it is my intention to leave in early January 2013 for Brazil. All this will depend on Vesper and his Capitan's condition. 

I am not certain when I last wrote in English, so it could be a repeat at the beginning. I think I did mention that I escaped Papua New Guinea for a second time not feeling safe in April. Got to Kudat Malaysia & puled out for painting the hull. While in Kudat, Joyce in PNG had Damien my son that I did not yet saw but get pictures once in a while. Then went to Johor Bahru at Dangabay Marina where I spent most of my time just enjoying being alive & working slowly on Vesper. I got stroke twice by lightning within 16 hour in an attempt to reach Port Dickson at the end of march & one of the hit was direct. I lost most instruments and replaced most of them by now. Did not replace the radar and wind instrument because I am too cheap.

I think I am in very good health and ready to go. There is at least 32 known sail boat converging to South Africa this year from different places but I know there is more. I have no plan to stop anywhere before but I will if I need to. Cocoskilling and Madagascar are on my way. Pirates have reach the North part of Madagascar. Noonsite.com could give you all info on this situation.

Aucun commentaire: